This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Gulf of Mexico
The Driver is responsible for escorting a team of staff to and from an assigned crew change.
The general duties of the driver include communicating with the logistics team daily on assignments, safely transporting crew members to and from assigned crew changes, ensuring company-owned vehicles are clean and well maintained, addressing any mechanical issues with the warehouse manager, and any other duties assigned by management.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience working for a transport company preferred.
- CDL preferred.
- Must have previous Driving experience.
Job Skills Required:
- Good communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Good driving record.
- Safety and driving training.
- Great attitude.
- High attention to safety.
- Knowledge of offshore port/dock locations along the Gulf coast.
Measurements for Performance:
- Safety records
- Employee relations
- Job performance assessment
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent pulling up to 70 lbs.
- Prolonged seating
- Stooped now and then
- Speaking – Good spoken communication skills for informing fellow employees or other specific information related to the job site and in an accurate, clear, loud, and/or swift manner.
- Hearing – Hearing skills that will enable emergency or exact information to be heard through alarms or verbal communications.
- Equilibrium stability – Control of balance.
- Feeling – Manual dexterity, especially in fingertips.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and physical. Having no active communicable diseases (diseases as listed by the Centers for Disease Control, Department of Health and Human Services and transmitted through food supply.)
- Alertness for safe and proper job performance.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people.
Usual Work Environment or Conditions:
- Working in a confined work place for a lengthy time.
- Working 12 hours workdays or nights.
- Working uninterrupted work schedules that includes holidays.
- Traveling to work throughout the Gulf Coast region.
- May sometimes be on stand by while waiting on a new job assignment.