This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Gulf of Mexico
The utility hand is the person responsible for various job assignments from helping in the galley and dining areas, to general housekeeping duties depending on the customer contract.
The utility hand’s duties may include assisting the cook with food and dining room preparations, assisting in serving meals, washing dishes, or other work in the galley or kitchen, as well as work outside the kitchen. General Housekeeping duties include: making beds, cleaning latrines, cleaning and buffing floors, and garbage disposal to name a few.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Because of the various job assignments, the specific duties will vary, but at some time you may be required to perform some or all of the following:
- Assist cook with food preparation and serving as well as properly storing foods and protecting foods from contaminants.
- Prepare and sustain constant supply of fresh coffee.
- Rotate groceries and supplies, especially perishables.
- Unload and store groceries and supplies.
- Clean and organize galley area including walk-in freezer, pantries, and storage areas.
- Clean and sanitize galley equipment, dishes, utensils, and refuse containers.
- Clean and maintain orderliness of galley, galley areas, quarters, and other areas for which Taylors’ employees are responsible, including making beds daily, regularly cleaning bathrooms, and sweeping, mopping, stripping, and waxing floors regularly.
- Inventory and sack dirty linen to send to cleaners.
- Inventory incoming clean linen and properly store.
- Attend safety meetings, inspections, fire drills, and other meetings or demonstrations as required.
- Demonstrate your skills and duties to new employees to help train them.
- Other duties as directed by management.