Trista serves a dual role as the Global Payroll Director combined with a recent promotion to VP of Corporate Administration. She is also a member of the Board of Directors. Trista brings over 14 years of diverse payroll and workplace management experience to the team and is a subject matter expert in the areas of payroll management, payroll training, and, federal/state wage/tax compliance
In Trista’s newly appointed VP of Corporate Administration role, she is responsible for collaborating with the business leaders of the firm to understand the needs of their operations and provide the required support to accomplish the firm’s goals and execute the strategic and operational plan. In addition, Trista has been appointed as the Facility Security Officer (FSO), supervising and directing security activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. Trista accepted this challenge with enthusiasm and has already hit the ground running.
Prior to joining Taylors, Trista excelled in a variety of work environments with 10 years’ experience developing bookkeeping, billing, HR, Operations support, and other entrepreneurial expertise in the public and private sectors.
Trista holds extensive training, education and certifications in her field, including but not limited to:
- Certifications from the American Payroll Association (APA) learning path successfully completing the “Payroll Manager / Director” program and “Payroll Administration Certification” program.
- Active member of the national APA and local chapter “APA of Acadiana Southeast Louisiana Chapter.”
- Registered participant in an exclusive members-only APA program titled, “ListServ” allowing payroll professionals to email questions to the volunteer panel and receive answers from their peers.
- Active member of Global Payroll Management Institute (GPMI).
- GMPI certificate of completion in the following comprehensive courses: 1) Latin American Employment Law; 2) Cross-cultural Differences in Global Payroll; 3) Global Compliance; 4) Social Security Compliance around the World; and, 5) Brexit.
- Nominated as the 2020 GPMI “Global Titan” honoring payroll professionals who are world leaders in their community.
- Certificate of completion: “HIPAA Compliance for Organizations.”
In Trista’s professional spare time, she stays up-to-date with the latest in payroll industry trends, compliance, and hot topics.
In her personal spare-time, she is an avid reader of fiction and non-fiction, cherishes time spent with her extensive family, showering her rescue dog “Izzy” with endless attention, volunteering time to Non-Profit Organizations, and when time permits – making memories at the most magical place on earth – Disney World.
Trista displays her Disney-love while in Orlando and at home. A place where she can let her hair down, sing along with Disney theme songs, start a dance party, watch movies under the stars, and explore Disney’s dazzling worlds of endless enchantment. After experiencing the sheer joy of being a kid again, she returns refreshed and ready to conquer “real world” with renewed energy.
Born and raised in south Louisiana, Trista has always had the benefit of experiencing southern hospitality and hard work as a way of life – making her an invaluable asset to the Taylors team. Trista is married, has 2 children and 4 grandchildren.
I am very excited to be a part of this amazing team. We are a family here; I love this company and can’t wait to see what the future brings. My goal is to support our new CEO and our mission to expand into new regions, sectors and countries, and to ensure that Taylors International Services, Inc. continues to provide world class service to all of our customers. As Walt Disney once said, ‘The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.’ You can talk about something, or you can do something about it. I have a vision and won’t settle for anything less. – Trista Abshire, Global Payroll Director & VP of Corporate Administration